Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Keto coconut waffles




It's a rainy morning here so I felt like making up some scrumptious waffles.
Although I'm sticking to a strict keto diet that doesn't allow many carbs.  What's one to do?   Well honestly this is my second attempt at making low carb waffles, the last time I used keto protein powder and this time I'm  using some coconut flour.


To make these you'll need 

1/3 cup coconut flour 
1/3 cup cream
4 eggs
1 tsp. Vanilla extract 
1 tsp. Baking powder
Pinch of salt 

Instructions 
Grease and preheat waffle iron 
In a large bowl add eggs, vanilla and cream. 
Whisk together
Then add coconut flour, salt and baking powder right into wet ingredients.
Mix together completely.

Add batter evenly and cook for 4-6 minutes. 
Makes 3 waffles.
.
.
Toppings can include butter, berries, cinnamon, stevia sweetened whip cream or any no sugar keto friendly syrup or flavoring.  

Enjoy! 😁

P.s.
If u left out the vanilla in the batter I think these would make an excellent keto bread substitute.

No comments:

Post a Comment